Friday, January 1, 2016

If the only prayer you said in your life was ‘Thank You’, it would suffice.

- Meister Eckhart 

In my last year’s summary post ‘Concluding 2014’', I had mentioned that I was looking at year 2015 with better energy and a hope that it will bring about positive changes for me and the others around me. I am not sure now, what exactly I had then thought would change, because at the end of these 12 months, I am pretty much in the same spot as I was last year (mentally, emotionally and even physically).

gratitudeHowever, as I sat and looked back at my blog and social media posts and tried summing up my life during the year gone by, I realized that perhaps the certain nonchalance of the last 365 days was a blessing in disguise as it gave me ample time to assess and prioritize what I wanted in life and how close or distant I was to achieve anything that I vied for. Maybe I have been a thankless cribber all along and hence this summary opens up with a sense of gratitude for all what life had to offer me during this year.

Michael Bernard makes an apt quote ‘Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have’ and I am thankful for people who showed faith in me during this year, when I myself had none left in my abilities and the patience they showed and put up with my eccentric and at times unreasonable behavior.

My greatest achievement this year has been the heightened and a stronger than ever before realization and belief in my theory of the universe as one common source of energy for all possible matter. We are all connected and the equations of sins and virtues, life and afterlife and death and reincarnation is nothing but how we dissipate the energy from our being back to the universe and what we choose to receive from it in return.

Perhaps, I will make a separate post on this in days to come, but for now let me sum up the report card for 2015, and see how it looks like:

Thumb Up Thumb Down
  • The London trip
  • Meeting Bobby, Nicola & the boys was sheer joy
  • The Alabama trip and the successful training
  • Visit to museum of fine arts, Montgomery that inspired few blog posts
  • Riddhie’s new hair cut and the photo-shoot
  • Meeting Kanwal in Delhi
  • Chakrata Trip and the Sunrise shots
  • Bonding over blogs and text with Gia, the cloudcutter
  • The house cleaning drive and the staircase photoshoot
  • Trip to Chandigarh
  • The New Year bash at Crowne Plaza
  • Mohan uncle’s demise
  • Slow down at work
  • Stuck certifications
  • All time high on weighing scale
  • Earthquake in Nepal
  • Travel aspirations stalled
  • Procrastination in abundance

If 2015 was the year for gratitude, 2016 is going to be the year of change. As I key this in, I know how the year 2016 has spread out to be in general and I know at this juncture, that I have already made some progress. I know that I need to mend a few things and seal a few cracks that crept in, but overall I know I am in a better place and at peace with myself in general. Thank you once again for all those who have stood by me. This is where we surge on…


0 comments :

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.