Sunday, May 14, 2017

raindropIt took me several years and many lifetimes to arrive at this moment. I waited my time lying frozen in a glacier before swimming with the rivers and being absorbed by the soil. I rose through a stem and worked my way up a leaf, before dying again at its tip and becoming a part of the clouds. I flew with the wind and earned my strength and pushed myself back as a single drop of rain.

I went through this cycle a zillion times before the universe lead me to this place and moment when I could fall right on your lips.

You looked up at the heaven and ran off to a shelter and I dried up on your lips and vanished forever.

I am the single drop of rain that found my destiny in that quick flash that led us both to that moment, only to lose each other – forever.


2 comments :

The Cloudcutter said...

Beautiful and intoxicating. Like a night filled with soft whispers between lovers, guided only by the red moon hanging so low that it feels close enough to touch...and taste.

You didn't fall onto those lips in a hurry. You took a lifetime to rain down gently, sitting lightly like a feather. And then you remained there for another lifetime, seeping into that soul with everything you had. Moments may pass by but they leave behind a century's worth of memories.

How do we know said...

Amazing imagery, and incredible pathos... so much, in so short a time.. it is a blessing to get that moment, innit?

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.