Saturday, May 20, 2017

someday“I have always been a minor aberration in your life, a trivial, inconsequential, inconvenience of sorts and perhaps nothing more. You were born perfect but I guess the universe doesn’t allow perfection and hence I was patched with you. I am the imperfection in your life.” he was indignant. 

She ignored what he said and quipped “So, you agree that I am perfect”.

“Yes, I do” he smiled.

“Thank you. Let’s just leave it at that. I am sure we will be able sort the matter of who you are one day”. She laughed and got up to leave.

“One day means never.. isn’t it?” he questioned.

“Of course not. One day means…someday. It’s hopeful.” she replied.

“Do you even believe in it or is it just a figure of speech for you? Or do you want me to live on the hope of a promised day in some unknown random future driven by the probability of you conquering the variables of your life?” he sounded almost desperate as he asked.

“Yes, I believe in it, don’t you?”she questioned back.

“So, then, when do you plan to do something about it?” he said.

“Well, as I said.. One day, you know…someday” she gave a little laugh, picked up the book she was reading and stepped out.


2 comments :

The Cloudcutter said...

He's right... Someday means never. The poor sod!

How do we know said...

Actually, Cloudcutter, one day does mean some day. :) I go with her. Every time I read this post, I go with one day means some day..

tandonz.com. Powered by Blogger.